Electrolyte/mineral supplement (By mouth)
Replaces minerals that your body might lose due to too much heat and perspiration. Prevents tiredness and muscle cramps that can be caused by heat stress.
Electrotab, K-Mag-60, Medi-Lyte, Nail Strengthener with Gelatin, Pedialyte Sparking Rush, Tri-SaltsThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to an electrolyte or mineral supplement. This medicine might contain potassium, calcium, magnesium, or sodium (salt).
How to Use This Medicine:
Powder, Liquid, Tablet, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Drink a full glass (8 ounces) of water when you take the tablet or capsule.
- You must mix the powder with water or another liquid. Do not swallow the powder dry.
- Read the directions on the package to find out the maximum number of times you can use this medicine in one day.
If a dose is missed:
- It is usually not a concern if you miss a dose of this medicine.
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease.
- Some brands of this medicine contain sodium (salt). If you are on a low-salt diet, ask for a brand that does not have extra salt. Do not use a brand that has salt unless your doctor says it is okay.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe diarrhea, vomiting, muscle twitching.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/2/2022
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.